Loading... Please wait...

Hayward Field (EU-10A, 35810)


Product Description


EU-10A, 35810

University of Oregon Football (NCAA) (1919-1967) University of Oregon Track (NCAA) (1921-present)

Hayward Field at University of Oregon is one of the best-known historic track and field stadiums in the United States. It was the home of Oregon's football team from 1919 until 1967, and has been the home to the Ducks' Track and Field teams since 1921. Hayward Field was named after the Oregon Ducks first track coach, Bill Hayward, who ran the Ducks' program from 1904 to 1947.

Hayward was originally built for the school's football program. In 1921, a six-lane cinder track was constructed around the football field. In 1967, the football team, having outgrown the facility, moved to the newly-constructed Autzen Stadium, making Hayward Field a track and field-only facility. In 1970, the track was widened to eight lanes and converted to an all-weather surface. The track was converted to the metric system in 1988, its length changing from 440 yards (402.336m) to 400 meters. In addition, a 200-meter warmup track was added to the south of the main track, along with a new hammer throw area and a weight room facility. One of the most modern scoreboards of the time was added in 1991, which gave unofficial times and places of competitors seconds after they finished.

Unused 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" standard size chrome postcard.

Dist. by Anderson's Scenic Postcards

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

EU-10A, 35810
Calculated at checkout