Loading... Please wait...

The Palace of Auburn Hills (D-76, 2US MI 110)

$3.00

Product Description

THE PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS

D-76

Detroit Pistons (NBA) (1988–present), Detroit Shock (WNBA) (1998–2009), Detroit Vipers (IHL) (1994–2001), Detroit Safari (CISL) (1994–1997), Detroit Rockers (NPSL) (1997–2000), Detroit Fury (AFL) (2001–2004)

The Palace of Auburn Hills, often referred to simply as The Palace, is a sports and entertainment venue in Auburn Hills, Michigan, a suburb on the northern outskirts of Detroit, Michigan, USA. Opened in 1988, it is the home of the Detroit Pistons of the NBA.  It was also the home of the Detroit Shock of the WNBA (1998–2009, now playing as the Tulsa Shock), Detroit Vipers of the IHL (1994–2001), Detroit Safari of the CISL (1994–1997), and the Detroit Fury of the AFL (2001–2004).

Before The Palace opened, the Pistons had lacked a suitable home venue. From 1957 to 1978, the team competed in Detroit's Olympia Stadium and Cobo Arena, both considered undersized for NBA purposes. In 1978, owner Bill Davidson elected not to share the new Joe Louis Arena with the Detroit Red Wings, and instead chose to relocate the team to the Pontiac Silverdome, a venue constructed for football, where it remained for the next decade. While the Silverdome could accommodate massive crowds, it offered substandard sight lines for basketball viewing.

Unused 4" x 6" continental size chrome

Dist. by Perrin Souvenir

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Quantity:
SKU:
D-76, 2US MI 110
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout