Loading... Please wait...

Clyde Williams Field (A-17, 407-D-20, 66910)


Product Description


A-17, 407-D-20, 66910

Clyde Williams Field was an outdoor stadium on the campus of Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. It was the home of the Iowa State Cyclones football and track and field teams.

It was originally built in 1914-15, just south of the recently completed State Gym. It originally held 5,000 spectators, but expansions in 1925, 1930, 1932, 1961 and 1966 brought the final capacity up to approximately 35,000. The stadium was the home of the Cyclones football team from its completion until 1975, when Jack Trice Stadium opened in the newly built Iowa State Center complex to the south of the main campus. Clyde Williams Field was razed in 1978. The site is now occupied by Eaton and Martin Halls, two residence halls constructed in 2002 and 2004, respectively.

Unused 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" standard size chrome postcard.

Dist. by Hurley's Supply Co.

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

A-17, 407-D-20, 66910
Calculated at checkout