Loading... Please wait...

Comiskey Park (578-808)

$10.00 $5.00
(You save $5.00)

Product Description



Chicago White Sox (MLB) (1910-1990) Chicago Cubs (MLB) (1918 World Series) Chicago Cardinals (NFL) (1922-1925), (1929-1959) "Card-Pitt" (NFL) (1944) Chicago Bulls (AFL) (1926) Chicago American Giants (1941-1952) (Negro Leagues) Chicago Mustangs (NASL) (1968) Chicago Sting (NASL) (1980-1985)

The park was built on a former city dump that Comiskey bought in 1909 to replace the wooden South Side Park. It was originally built as White Sox Park, but within three years was renamed for White Sox founder and owner Charles Comiskey. The original name, White Sox Park, was restored in 1962, but it went back to the Comiskey Park name in 1976.

Comiskey Park was very modern for its time. It was the fourth concrete-and-steel stadium in the major leagues, and the third in the American League. As originally built, it sat almost 29,000, a record at the time. Briefly, it retained the nickname "The Baseball Palace of the World."

Unused 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" standard size chrome postcard.

Dist. by George Tinker

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Calculated at checkout