Loading... Please wait...

A.W. Mumford Stadium & F.G. Clark Activity Center (SU-34, 92373-D)


Product Description


SU-34, 92373-D

A.W. Mumford Stadium is a 25,500 seat multi-purpose stadium on the campus of Southern University in Baton Rouge, LA. It opened in 1928 and is home to the Jaguars football team as well as the Southern men's and women's track and field teams.

The stadium is named after coach Arnett W. "Ace" Mumford who holds the record for most wins in SU football history, who coached the Jaguars from 1936–42 and 1944–61.
Almost 8 decades later, Mumford stadium has seen many changes. In 1938, SU built a grandstand on the west side that included dormitories. In the 1960's the dormitories were converted into team meeting spaces and locker rooms. Another expansion for more seats and better lighting started in 1977 and forced the Jaguars off campus to use nearby Memorial Stadium for home games. The project was completed in 1982 and University Stadium was then renamed to A. W. Mumford Stadium.

The F. G. Clark Activity Center also known as the "Mini-Dome" is Southern University's multi-purpose facility used for campus and community events, that opened in 1975 on the Baton Rouge campus. The 16,000 sq. ft. arena seats up to approximately 7,500 people. It is the home to the Jaguars Basketball and Lady Jaguars Basketball teams. The arena also holds concerts, Southern’s commencements, area high school graduations and other community events.

Unused 4" x 6" continental size chrome postcard.

Dist. by IRI Studios


Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

SU-34, 92373-D
Calculated at checkout