Loading... Please wait...

Tiger Stadium (Detroit) (2009-38 (1))

$20.00

Product Description

TIGER STADIUM

2009-38

On September 27, 1999, as Tiger Stadium's lights faded into darkness, a long storied era in baseball history concluded at the corner of Michigan and Turnbull.  Baseball on this site dated back to 1896.  Bennett Field, with its wooden grandstand and acreage about half the size of the future Tiger Stadium, occupied "The Corner" through the first decade of the 20th century.  Then came Navin Field in 1912, followed by expansions in the 1920s and '30s.  Ty Cobb collected his 400th hit here in 1927, Babe Ruth his 700th home run in 1934.  Then it became Briggs Stadium, fully enclosed with seating for 50,000+.  Lights?  In 1948 it was the last major league ballpark illuminated for night play.  It became Tiger Stadium in 1961.  Between 1912 and 1999, more than 102 million fans passed through the tunstiles.  Too many memories to count at "The Corner".

Unused 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" standard size postcard from a 1999 photo from Chris Nichol, Minneapolis, MN.

Very limited edition (6 postcards) produced of this image.  Written and designed by Vic Pallos, Glendale, CA.

These cards produced as a hobby.....not for commercial sales.

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Quantity:
SKU:
2009-38 (1)
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout