Scarce chrome......the only postcard known that exclusively shows "Hec Ed"
Hec Edmundson Pavilion, commonly known as Hec Ed, is an indoor arena on the campus of the University of Washington in Seattle, the home of the Washington Huskies of the Pacific 10 Conference. Originally opened in 1927, the brick venue is home to the UW men's and women's basketball programs, as well as the women's volleyball and gymnastics teams. The current seating capacity of Hec Ed is 10,000 for basketball.
The pavilion is located immediately north of Husky Stadium. Originally the "University of Washington Pavilion," the building was constructed for $600,000 and opened on December 27, 1927. After twenty years, it was renamed the "Clarence S. "Hec" Edmundson Pavilion" on January 16, 1948, honoring the university's longtime track and basketball coach, a former Olympian who retired in 1947.