Loading... Please wait...

Rudolf-Harbig Stadion (GW-113)

$3.00

Product Description

RUDOLF-HARBIG-STADION

Dresden, Germany

Rudolf-Harbig-Stadion is a football stadium in Dresden, Saxony. It is the current home of Dynamo Dresden. In 2010, the stadium will host several matches of the 2010 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup and in 2011 it will host the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup.

The stadium was completed on June 16, 1923 at a cost of 500,000 German reichsmark allocated for the expansion of the existing Ilgen-Kampfbahn centrally located in the inner city. The football club Dresdensia was the first organization to use the new facility.

In 1953, the Sportvereinigung Dynamo took over the stadium and on September 23, 1953, the stadium was re-named for athlete Rudolf Harbig. In the summer of 1971, it was renamed Dynamo-Stadion for the football club Dynamo Dresden which used the stadium as its home ground. The capacity of the stadium was twice expanded: to 36,000 in 1976 and then to 38,500 in 1980. The current capacity is approximately 23,940 seats (220 roofed and 10,670 open). Due to building work in progress at the moment, current capacity is limited to just under 10,000. The usual capacity is often lowered where there are security concerns.

Unused 4" x 6" continental size chrome postcard.

Dist. by Gunther Wabmuth

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Quantity:
SKU:
GW-113
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout