Loading... Please wait...

Philadelphia Convention Hall (P-100, DT-86350-B)

$25.00 $15.00
(You save $10.00)

Product Description

PHILADELPHIA CONVENTION HALL

P-100, DT-86350-B

University of Pennsylvania Quakers (1944), Philadelphia Warriors (1952–1962), Philadelphia 76ers (1963–1967), Philadelphia Blazers (1972–1973), Philadelphia Firebirds (1974–1979), La Salle University Explorers (1989–1996)

Originally known as the Municipal Auditorium, the Convention Hall hosted many public events, including the 1936 and 1948 Democratic National Conventions, the 1940 and 1948 Republican National Conventions, and the 1960 NBA All-Star Game. Thus the building earned the name Convention Hall. Pope John Paul II, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela all spoke there & The Beatles and the famous Philadelphia Mummers both performed there. The Philadelphia Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers both played many of their games in the arena.

After the building of The Spectrum in South Philadelphia in 1967, the building nearly became obsolete. The building was later used for Atlantic Ten Conference and Big Five basketball games, NWA and WCW professional wrestling events, which included three pay-per-view events: Halloween Havoc in 1989 and 1992 and the 1994 Slamboree event. The Civic Center also hosted the World Hockey Association's Philadelphia Blazers and the minor-league Philadelphia Firebirds hockey teams. The University of Pennsylvania used the building for commencements (due to it being larger than Penn's own basketball arena, the nearby Palestra), as did Drexel University, Temple University, and La Salle University.

Used (1969) 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" standard size chrome postcard.

Dist. by Pennsauken News

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Quantity:
SKU:
P-100, DT-86350-B
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout