Loading... Please wait...

Harry A. Gampel Pavilion (UCONN-15, PCT-A1727)

$20.00

Product Description

Tough!  Not widely distributed 4x9 jumbo!

Connecticut Huskies (NCAA) (1990-present)

UCONN-15, PCT-A1727

Harry A. Gampel Pavilion is a 10,167-seat multi-purpose arena in Storrs, Connecticut, United States, on the campus of the University of Connecticut. The arena opened on January 21, 1990, and is the largest on-campus arena in New England. It was named after industrialist and 1943 UConn graduate Harry A. Gampel, a philanthropist who walked with Martin Luther King Jr., and who donated one million dollars for the construction of the arena. It is about 216,000 sq ft. Gampel Pavilion is the primary home to the Connecticut Huskies men's basketball, women's basketball, and women's volleyball teams. During the 2011–12 season, the men's basketball team played 11 home games in Hartford and only eight at Gampel.

It replaced the Hugh S. Greer Field House, which only held 4,604 people and still stands to the northwest of the pavilion. The facility has been expanded three times. As originally constructed, it seated 8,241. After the 1995–96 season, 1,900 seats were added around the entrances, increasing capacity to 10,027. A seating adjustment after the 2001–02 season added 140 more seats to result in the current capacity.

Unused 4" x 9" jumbo size chrome postcard.

Dist. by Alan Nyiri - IRI Studios

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Quantity:
SKU:
UCONN-15, PCT-A1727
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout