Loading... Please wait...

Dallas Convention Center Arena (P43117)


Product Description



The Dallas Convention Center Arena is a 7,428-seat multi-purpose arena in Dallas, Texas, USA. It was opened in 1957.

The arena was home to the Dallas Chaparrals, of the American Basketball Association(ABA), from 1967 to 1973. The "Chaps" were an original ABA franchise that also played in the Moody Coliseum for some games during their tenure in Dallas. For the 1971-72 season, the "Chaps" become a regional franchise, renaming themselves the "Texas" Chaparrals and adding home games in Lubbock (Lubbock Memorial Coliseum) and Fort Worth (Tarrant County Convention Center). This lasted only one year. On the court, the franchise had moderate success, with yearly playoff trips, but never advancing past the first round. The franchise had decent attendance for the time, drawing 2,500 - 3,500 per home game. In 1973, the franchise was "leased" to Professional Sports Inc., a group headed by John Schaefer, Angelo Drossos, Art Burdick and B.J. "Red" McCombs.... Professional Sports Inc. relocated the franchise to San Antonio for the 1973-74 season, where they became the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs were one of four ABA franchises to join the National Basketball Association following the ABA-NBA merger in 1976.

Unused 3 1/2" x 8 1/4" jumbo size chrome postcard.

Dist. by All-Tom Corp.

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Calculated at checkout