Loading... Please wait...

Connie Mack Stadium (10-71-Connie Mack)

$15.00

Product Description

CONNIE MACK STADIUM

10-71

Philadelphia Athletics (MLB) (1909-1954) Philadelphia Phillies (MLB) (1938-1970) Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) (1940, 1942-1957)

Shibe Park, known for the last one-third of its existence as Connie Mack Stadium, was a Major League Baseball park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. When it opened April 12, 1909, it became Major League Baseball's first steel-and-concrete stadium.

The Philadelphia Athletics of the American League opened the ballpark in 1909 after abandoning Columbia Park. The park was first called Shibe Park, named for Benjamin Shibe, who was one of the initial owners along with Connie Mack. Mr. Mack eventually acquired full ownership, but kept the name the same. The park was renamed Connie Mack Stadium in 1953 in honor of the gentlemanly and modest Mr. Mack, who by then was known as "The Grand Old Man of Baseball". A statue of Mr. Mack was erected in 1957 across the street in a park. The statue was later moved to Veterans Stadium in 1971, and ultimately to Citizens Bank Park in 2004.

Unused (but does have a written message and is signed by a former MLB player Sam Nahem) 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" standard size chrome.

Dist. by George Tinker

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Quantity:
SKU:
10-71-Connie Mack
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout