Loading... Please wait...

Comiskey Park (PSK 3002)

$10.00 $5.00
(You save $5.00)

Product Description

COMISKEY PARK

PSK 3002


Chicago White Sox (MLB) (1910-1990) Chicago Cubs (MLB) (1918 World Series) Chicago Cardinals (NFL) (1922-1925), (1929-1959) "Card-Pitt" (NFL) (1944) Chicago Bulls (AFL) (1926) Chicago American Giants (1941-1952) (Negro Leagues) Chicago Mustangs (NASL) (1968) Chicago Sting (NASL) (1980-1985)

The park was built on a former city dump that Comiskey bought in 1909 to replace the wooden South Side Park. It was originally built as White Sox Park, but within three years was renamed for White Sox founder and owner Charles Comiskey. The original name, White Sox Park, was restored in 1962, but it went back to the Comiskey Park name in 1976.

Comiskey Park was very modern for its time. It was the fourth concrete-and-steel stadium in the major leagues, and the third in the American League. As originally built, it sat almost 29,000, a record at the time. Briefly, it retained the nickname "The Baseball Palace of the World."

Unused 4" x 6" continental size chrome

Dist. by Pitt Souvenirs

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Quantity:
SKU:
PSK 3002
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout