Loading... Please wait...

Cleveland Municipal Stadium (C36986)

$10.00

Product Description

CLEVELAND MUNICIPAL STADIUM

C36986

Cleveland Indians (AL) (1932-33, 1936-93) Cleveland Browns (NFL / AAFC) (1946-1995) Cleveland Rams (AFL) (1936) Cleveland Rams (NFL) (1937), (1939-1941), (1945) Cleveland Stokers (NASL) (1967-1968) Great Lakes Bowl (NCAA) (1947)

The stadium was built for football and for the Cleveland Indians, who played their first game there on July 31, 1932, losing to the Philadelphia Athletics' great pitcher Lefty Grove 1-0 while attracting a then-major-league-record crowd of 80,184. The Indians played all of their games at the stadium from the middle of the 1932 season through 1933. However, the players and fans complained about the huge outfield, which reduced the number of home runs, and in 1934 the Indians moved most of their games back to their previous home, League Park.

In 1936, the Indians began playing Sunday and holiday games at Cleveland Stadium during the summer. Beginning in 1938, they also played selected important games there. Starting in 1939, they played night games there as well because League Park didn't have lights. By 1940, the Indians played most of their home slate at the stadium, abandoning League Park entirely after the 1946 season. They played there until the end of the 1993 season, when they moved to Jacobs Field (which was later named Progressive Field).

Unused 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" standard size chrome

Dist. by Wilbur Evans Co.

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Quantity:
SKU:
C36986
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout